Carbon monoxide leak sparks Silver Spring high-rise evacuation

A high right apartment building in Silver Spring was evacuated by emergency crews after a carbon monoxide leak on Monday.

Firefighters investigated the building on Piney Branch Road, and residents were evaluated at the scene.

No one was transported from the scene.

They say welding without proper ventilation caused the problem.

Between 800 and 900 people in approximately 150 units were impacted by the leak.

About Abu Sillah

Abu is a Journalist, Marketing Consultant, & PR Specialist from Prince George's County, MD. He is the CEO of The DMV Daily and Marketing Manager of The Wig Café, LLC. In May 2018, Abu obtained his B.A. in Sociology from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and is now attending Bowie State University for his M.A. in Organizational Communications.

View all posts by Abu Sillah

Leave A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.