Meet Ashley Bullock
Dont Choose Me Later
Growing up rejection is a part of the journey. Not everybody will agree with you or give you the opportunity you may want. Dealing with rejection may not be the easiest but you have to be stronger than your situation. Throughout life I’ve been rejected by people, coworker’s, relationship, friends, teachers and even strangers. I never let that stop me, I used it for motivation. No, it wasn’t always easy, but it was necessary. What made it necessary? I needed that extra push for motivation. Every person who rejected me, my idea or anything I had to offer watched me succeed. Those same people are now trying to be apart of my success.
Once I heard “Don’t Choose Me Later” I felt this is it! I took it, ran with it, and owned it. You’ve heard my story, What’s yours?
Think about it. If somebody reject anything pertaining to you don’t let that stop you. Tell them “ Don’t Choose Me Later” . My goal is to inspire everybody to not let rejection stop you from what you want or want to do. Believe in yourself and have faith, it will work out. Remain humble through it all. When you succeed don’t let the “ NaySayers” return. They had their chance.
We had the chance to ask Ms. Bullock some questions about her brand and her views on the fashion business. Learn more about here below:
What made you decide to pursue a career in fashion?
– I wanted to use my message “Don’t Choose Me Later “ to get across in one of the best ways it can and thats with fashion. Sometimes when you dress good, you feel good. I want others to feel good and own “don’t choose me later”.
What do you consider the most important facets of the fashion industry?
– I consider the most important facet of the fashion industry creativity. Being creative and unique. Being yourself!
What do you think are the current and future trends in fashion?
-I think the current trends Mainly are customize designs. Rather its clothing or jewlery.
How do you think your education has prepared you to work in fashion?
– My education prepared me by experience to be honest. Going through everything I went through gave me that extra push to want to work in fashion. Getting my message across through fashion.
– Fashion is style and trends. Fashion is expressing who you are and in some cases how you feel.
How do you handle stress?
– I handle stress the best way I know how to and thats prayer. I never let anything dwell on my mind or let it get the best of me. Whatever the situation I come to realization of what it is and find solutions on fixing them.
How comfortable are you working hands on with models and designers?
– Im very comfortable with working hands on with models and designers. The goal is to get the message across to the world who may have experience rejection. Models and other designers can help me and educate me on things I do not know. Also, working with models and other designers is a great way to network on both ends.
What qualifies you for a career in fashion over other candidates?
– What qualifies me over other candidates is my creative and message im trying to get across to others.
Do you consider yourself a people person?
– Yes, I am a people person. People love me and my energy.
How do you handle conflict?
– Conflict was never an issue to me. I never let others opinions get the best of me. Agree to disagree and move on. Even if they decide to continue you just have to be the bigger person and move on from the situation reguardless of what your opponent is doing.
How would you describe your personal style?
– My personal style is laid back. I never needed to much to fit in or keep up with anybody else.
I can throw on a chill outfit but to others I “look sweet”. My personal style describes myself. I dress chill but still make my outfit stand out.
Where would you like your career in fashion to lead you?
– I would like my career to lead me to new experiences, people, professional knowledge and become a greater leader.
How would you deal with an arrogant client?
– I will deal with an arrogant client the same way I deal with a humble client. You may need a little more patience for them but never get out of your character or show unprofessionalism .
What hobbies do you have that relate to the fashion industry?
– I love thinking, looking up different outfits and designs. Putting outfits together rather its in my head or looking up clothing online. Shopping or even window shopping is always therapeutic.