By holding a job fair on Wednesday, Prince George’s County hopes to alleviate a bus driver shortage.
As the new school year begins, the school system is facing a shortfall of more than 190 school bus drivers.
The job fair will take place on Wednesday, August 17 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Skyline Administration Building, which is situated at 6311 Randolph Road in Suitland.
Bus drivers will be paid an hourly wage of $20.32. Health, dentistry, and vision insurance, as well as retirement benefits, will be provided as part of the job.
Applicants must meet these qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License to Apply
- At least three years of driving history
- Communicate effectively in English
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A or B with passenger endorsement or Class B Learner’s
- Permit with passenger (P) and school bus (S) endorsements
- No more than two current points on their driving record. No more than 3 points issued in the past 10 years
- Satisfactory past driving record
- Pass a DOT Physical Examination
- Ability to meet special training and qualifications determined by PGCPS
- All applicants must pre-register for the hiring event.
All applicants must pre-register (click link) for the hiring event.