Connect with us

MD News

A High Student Found Unconscious in a Gaithersburg McDonald’s on Tuesday

Published

on

MCPD responded to the McDonalds on 12100 block of Darnestown Road before noon after a report of an overdose. Before they arrived at the McDonald’s, a person at the restaurant found the victim and administered Narcan.  The student was taken to a local hospital and is currently in stable condition. Police say they are now investigating whether the overdose was due to fentanyl. QOHS is offering support services to help students deal with the incident.

MCPD stated that a good samaritan saved the students life. Principal Elizabeth Thomas sent a letter home to families addressing the incident which occurred while the student was out to lunch with classmates. Thomas thanked friends of the student for taking “swift action” during a critical moment.

The DMV Daily is the #1 source for all DMV entertainment, news & media. Stay alerted to everything that's happening in your neighborhood today!

Special Offer

20% OFF

On Your First Order With ByTheDMV.com